Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Travel Day


This trip started out like any other with the Craigheads: with bad luck. It’s time to load the car, so I grab my suitcase and begin to roll it out to the trunk. Haha just kidding, life with the Craigheads is never that easy. Of course my suitcase handle is broken and there is no way that my borderline 50 lb bag will be carried all the way to Croatia without a handle. 

After moving everything over to another suitcase last minute, I was on my way to Charlotte! Special shout-out to my mom for driving while I slept the whole way (typical). Checking in and going through security was a breeze (49.5 lb bag - I was in the clear!) I met up with a girl who would be on my team, Rachel Harper (Carson-Newman), at the gate and before I knew it we were boarding for our 9 hr. flight to Frankfurt. 


Thoughts on the plane:
- man, this chicken dinner is pretty good!
- I wish I knew German so I could speak to this man next to me
- man, this brownie is REALLY good!
- how many glasses of wine is that now for the man next to me? 10?
- time to watch Identity Thief (ps...great movie)
- holy crap this man's breath..

then I slept for four hours.


Welcome to Frankfurt! Customs, another round of security, and a few strawberries later and we were on our way to Dubrovnik, Croatia. Another 2 hours in-flight and the skies opened up to give me my first real-life look at Europe. It was time to begin my European adventure! After gathering our luggage, we were greeted by our BIP CON coaches and headed to the hotel. The taxi driver informed us that the town we would be staying in that night was used in the filming of seasons 2 and 3 of Game of Thrones (for all you fanatics out there).


18 hours later and I'm finally where I'm supposed to be: Dubrovnik, Croatia.




No comments:

Post a Comment