Sunday, July 21, 2013

Travel Day #2

This hotel had the best breakfast of them all! After swiping a couple of Nutellas, saying my final goodbyes, and loading my bags into the shuttle, Rachel and I were on our way to the airport for the ride home.

We got a few more things at the airport in Venice, then boarded our flight for Philly. It was another long flight, but I watched a lot of good movies (Admission, The Descendants, What's Your Number?) and the Italian lady next to me was super nice. 

My impatience hit a new high while going through Customs once we landed in Philly. Getting my bag, rechecking my bag, going through actual Customs, going through security....it all took forever. By the time I got to my next gate, it was almost time to board for Roanoke! This plane was way smaller...only 9 rows and propellers on the wings. 

The man next to me on this flight was the cutest man ever, scoring bonus points by knowing that Stetson was the Hatters before I even finished telling him where I go to school. Soon enough, I learned that I had a whole family sitting around me with a daughter that plays volleyball in Roanoke. Through the whole hour and a half flight, we talked about volleyball, college, and Florida itself. Once I landed and got my bags, my parents took me to a steak dinner and I couldn't have been more thankful. Shortly after, I was passed out asleep in my bed. Time to adjust back to Eastern Standard Time....here we go.

This experience will never be matched, and I was so blessed to meet such a great group of girls, both American and otherwise. I met some friends I will cherish and learned so much. I wish I could do this all the time! If you're reading this and you ever have the opportunity to do something like this, don't think twice! No matter what, you won't regret it. 
Go BIP CON!


No comments:

Post a Comment